Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text wrapping and controls clinging to left of page

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathiec

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
IE
i am using visual studio 2005 beta (vb.net)

everytime a drag and drop controls onto the page they cling to the left hand side of the page and i cant seem to lay them out properly. even if i put them in a table.

also i have created a link button and in the the link will not display in one line and is spread over multiple lines.

i would really appreciate any suggestions on this

thanks and regards

what is the layout of the <body> tag in your html? (look for MS_POSITIONING)

the body tag has no other settings then the bgcolor, i checked for the MS_POSITIONING but its nowhere in the markup. would it be because i am using tables - althou i set the width of these to be as wide as the page and still if i put a link button into this row it will wrap.

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "
<html xmlns=" >
<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>
<table style="width: 873px">
<tr>
<td nowrap="nowrap" style="width: 100px">
<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server">Corrective Actions for Basic Causes</asp:LinkButton><br />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width: 100px; height: 60px">
<br />
<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton2" runat="server">Corrective Actions for Basic Causes</asp:LinkButton><br />
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width: 100px; height: 40px">
<br />
<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton3" runat="server">Corrective Actions for Immediate Causes</asp:LinkButton></td>
</tr>
</table>

</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>

this is my html. i tried using the no wrap property but this doesnt work either - very strange!!

You were correct in a previous post. It is because you are using tables. If you want to put something to the right of your other controls, you'll have to add another column and drop your new controls in it.

hth

change the width of your cell (<td>) or of your link control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back