Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text wrap stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessa

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
US
I have various images with text wrap on. Then I rearrange the pages and the text wrap stops working. It still says I have text wrap on, but it's no longer working. The text is now flowing behind the image. Why? How do I fix this? I've tried turning text wrap off and back on. I also turned it off, copy and paste the image, and then turn text wrap on the new picture, but it doesn't work.

You might select the effected text box and Object Menu/text frame options. See if Ignore text wrap is somehow checked.

If you already did that, try selecting the pic and take a look at what's checked in the text wrap palette. Also see if you've got any master items effecting it. If you have a master effecting a spread rather than layout and yu only move one page of a spread, it could cause some grief. It can also work opposite - moving a page from a mastered spread to one that not mastered.

You could also make sure that you don't have any layer problems if you used multiple layers. Did you possibly switch between layers when you went back to the moved page?

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

I discovered that if I turn off text wrap on the image, nudge or move the text box, then go back to the image and turn text wrap back on, it will then work.

Sounds like a bug to me.

By any chance did this happen before you did a Save. It won't hold when you move pages around unless you've saved before the move.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back