Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text spacing in textbox of PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuttlelaunch

Technical User
Sep 22, 2011
US
I have a textbox in a fillable PDF that I want to change the spacing of the text that is input. How do you change the textbox so that the spacing between characters are changed?

I can give you a script which adds a space between each character, but I'd guess that's not what you are looking for. There's also the 'Comb' feature which spaces each character out to fit X characters to the width of the field.

You're going to have to be more specific about what you mean by 'the spacing between characters are changed'

I need to change the tracking, or character spacing. The issue is that the form has a box for each character.

Instead of using a text box for each letter, I want to use a signle textbox that the user can input the whole word, than use a script to space the characters out evenly so that they fit in the boxes.

For an example, look at the Name & SSN of this form:

Under the 'Options' tab of the text field properties, click 'Comb of' checkbox and enter the number of characters the field will hold. This will space the characters to fit your field width.

You will need to uncheck all other options to allow selecting the 'Comb' option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back