Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Search in Oracle CLOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfrani

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
US
I have a successful CR 8.5 report based on this query...

SELECT
CSCODE."NATURECODE", CSCODE."DESCRIPTION",
CSMAIN."ACTDATE"
FROM
csmain, cscode
WHERE
CSCODE."NATURECODE" = CSMAIN."NATURECODE"
AND CSMAIN."ACTDATE" >= {ts '2007-02-22 00:00:00.00'} AND CSMAIN."ACTDATE" < {ts '2007-02-24 00:00:00.00'} and dbms_lob.instr(csmain.actnote, 'Field Event') > 0 and csmain.officerid > '0'
ORDER BY
CSCODE."NATURECODE" ASC
The WHERE clause:
Links the two tables
Allows the user to enter start and end dates (CR parameter felds)
Only selects records where the officerid value is greater than 0
Searches the csmain.actnote (CLOB field) for the text, "Field Event" and if this text appears in the actnote field, the record joins the returned record set

When I open this same report in CR11, the text search of the actnote field is not included in the query (as shown in Databse / Show SQL Query) resulting in an incorrect return.

How can I keep the same functionality (searching for text strings in an Oracle CLOB field) that I had in CR8.5 in the new CR11?

Thanks
John

I'd guess that someone manually edited the SQL in the CR8.5 version.

To do the same in CR 9 and above, you use a Command Object, listed as Add Command under the data source and paste in the entire SQL as the data source.

Note that you also create parameters in that screen.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back