Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text rotation -- mixing up the characters ???!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveguide

Technical User
Jul 5, 2005
DE
Hello,

I have a problem with rotating the whole text fragment in CorelDraw 12.

I type the text that I want to rotate into a vertical position as a WHOLE unit:

T1-T2([sup]0[/sup])

where [sup]0[/sup] inside the brackets is superscripted (indicating degrees Celsius, for example).

Now I rotate it using the Transformation -> Rotation tool by 90 deg., and my text is completely spoiled like that:

T1-T2()[sup]0[/sup]

The superscripted [sup]0[/sup] escapes from the brackets upon 90deg rotation!!!!

How do I get this whole thing rotated and unspoiled???

I tried to manipulated it both as Paragraph and Artistic texts, it is always the same result!!!

I will be sooooooooooooooo thankful for any advise!!!

If it is something you can get away with a single (or limited) application of text, convert the entire string to curves. This will no longer allow your text to be edited, but should preserve your formatting exactly as you have it typed. Just remember each instance of this will have to be manually changed, and if you plan on changing the text at a later time, you will have to start from scratch on that string.

Hope that helps

Hi there.

Try to avoid the superscript font feature. It can be very tricky. You can make the font look like superscript, by decreasing the font size, and increasing the vertical shift.

To do so:
Given the text 90(0).

Choose the 2nd tool (shape tool)
Pick the (o) with the shape tool.
Decrease the text size in the appropriate box.
Increase the vertical shift in the appropriate box (if you have the property bar on, its the 4th box from left. If you don't have the property bar visible, rick-click bellow the menu bar and check property bar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back