Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text on 2nd page doesn't print

Status
Not open for further replies.

qplnm

Technical User
Jul 23, 2001
US
I am making a tri-fold brochure on two pages. In printing tests to my laster printer, the first page prints fine, but any text on the second page does not print. If I put a border or background on a text box, that prints, but the text itself does not. I have tried typing in text manually, importing it from a file, and copy/pasting from other sources. I have also tried various styles. Text boxes that printed fine on the first page don't work on the second page.

I am using Quark 4.1 for Windows. Has anyone had this problem, are there any workarounds? I couldn't find any mention of this problem anywhere.

Thanks,
Laura

Check that you have not set "Suppress print out ON" for the non-printing items on the 2nd page.

Check it with Command-M (After selecting the particular item).

Well laura, [pc2]

you can try moving the preferences file onto the desktop and then try to print.

If the problem still persists you can go for a thumnail drag as explained in detail on this link..

You can also update your copy of QuarkXPress to 4.11. The updater is available free from the following link on Quark website.

You will also need the fixit Tension as many problems and bugs have been solved by this. you can get that from

I hope the above information is helpful [heart]

Wow Rosscage, that's a lot of info (and on such an old post, I can't believe it's even still there!)

Actually the problem turned out to be an incompatibility with the printer driver. The LaserJet 2100 driver doesn't work well with Quark, but the LaserJet 5 driver works beautifully. I believe Quark technical support recommended that, although it's been so long I can't remember for sure. Thanks so much for responding though! It gives me hope that my QuickTime post will be answered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back