Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Messaging on IP Phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceA

Technical User
Dec 19, 2007
US
Hi,

I'm trying to send a broadcast text message to all the IP phone in my company. I'm using Cisco Callmanager 4.1. Anyone can tell me how to set this up. Thanks.

I know ip celerate can do that .... IP Celerate is a separate server that adds funtions to call manager,

Don't they have a way to do that with only the callmanager?

Yes I might invest in that for the tannoy feature. It also has a remote access feature to the phones.

It seems expensive to me though $2750 for 50 licences, $9000 for 250 licences and $32000 for 1000 licences.

See a demo:

Does anyone know if there is a trial version of it??

Hm nice1 I'll try that - the site is cuurently unavailable tho....

Thanks for all the info. It's seem like callmanager didn't come with any text messaging and paging. Can't believe they don't have those important feature.

Another solution is to use the Idle URL. This is like a screensaver for phones-it will display on phones when idle after x seconds.

Nice thought MJ6. Good idea!! This would be a quick and easy way to get the message out to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back