Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text/List/Combo Box in one form popluated from table for another form

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksdadguy

Technical User
Mar 16, 2003
US
I have been searching through the db's and have not been able to find exactly what I need to accomplish my task

Basically, I have a db with multiple tables. In the newest table/form association, I am wanting to have a box which provides the user with a dropdown list of available names from another table/form combination.

I have tried a query & DLookup to get this done, but I'm just not getting anywhere. Here is the scenario

In table one I have student information with a form that is used to enter the data. In the second (new) table I have information about the student's band uniform. The only correlation between the two will be the student's name.

In the first table, the student's name is two different fields. In the second table, the student's name needs to be combined.

In the first query, I created an expression that should return the combined values as expr1:(tablename[firstname] & " " & tablename[lastname]). The query does not return any records

Using DLookup, I can return either LastName or FirstName, but not both combined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KSDadGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back