Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text in PS7 & Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey13

Technical User
Nov 17, 2008
iMac 2.16 GHz OS10. I have had PS7 in daily use for at least 2 years. Recently I wanted to add some fancy text to an image (something I have done hundreds of times, but not in recent weeks). Trying to apply "layer styles" to the text layer this time results in complete lock-up - all options are greyed out, and I can't even close PS, excepr with "force quit". I also have PS Elements installed, and the same lock-up occurs with it. Has there been some recent change in OS 10.4 that could have caused this problem? I am suspecting Mac OS because the same problem is showing up in both versions of PS
Any help would be greatly welcomed

Just a quick guess

Could it be as simple as your preferences need to be reset to their install state, they sometimes get "hosed" and strange things happen.

While holding down the
[Ctrl Alt Shift ] keys (windows) or
[Command, Alt, Shift] keys (MAC) ,

Start > All Programs > Photoshop.

A MessageBox will ask "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File" to which you answer Yes.

The Preferences file will be rebuilt and hopefully your problem is fixed.

sam

mscallisto

THanks Your suggestion worked a treat.

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back