Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text in a circle 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOG61

Technical User
Sep 18, 2005
GB
I am in the process of teaching myself In Design
I have a tiff file of a circular logo that I paste onto a page.
I need to add white out text to the bottom part of the circle, which is currently a black solid and regretably cannot work out how to do it.
Is there an easy way of doing this

In InDesign, draw an ellipse using the shapes tools in the Tools Panel on the left (hold down the mouse to reveal more shapes).

Once you have it positioned then use the Type Tool to Type on Path (again hold down the mouse button on the type tool to reveal Type on Path tool).

Click anywhere on the path to begin.

Use the white arrow tool to move the type via the long stems that extend in blue (most likely colour) to position the text on the circle.

(A quick way to center the text is to use the Text Alignment and Center the text. In the top men in File Edit etc. go to Object>Convert Shape>Ellipse)

But you can't place a tiff of a circle and then type on that path. It has to be a physical path drawn in InDesign.

eugenetyson's

Thanks for the help, should have thought of using site earlier before spending hours trying solve it myself. I did assume that I would have to do the circle as a new file and add it to my file

SOG61

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back