Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text gets bold i print when textbox in under an image box 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisuki

Technical User
Aug 30, 2007
NO
Help!
I've gone from Quark Epress to Indesign due to change of work.
And they have this strange problem when printing and making pdfs from indesign.

Text appares bold in places where the textbox is under an imagebox. So we have to be really good at placing the text in front og all other items.

Comming from a Quark enviroment, I find this problem a bit like the stoneage problems we had in the beginning with Pagemaker. Any Solution any one??

What type of image are you placing? Have you got any transparecy effects in the image, (perhaps a .psd or eps)?

Why is the text under the image anyway? Can you not do a text box, then anchor the image in and place the text under the image? You can anchor by simply cutting the image out, then selecting your text tool and have the "I" blinking in the text box then paste it. You can right click the image and go to Anchor Objects Options to get the right placement. Or you can move it (limited) up and down to place it.

Making your graphics inline is a real timesaver, especially with multiple pages. The image will travel with whatever text you have.

I'm assuming you have transparency in the pics if you're putting text under them.

When printing or exporting pdf, you might want to check. It's located in the advanced tab of both the pdf export and print dialogs. If you're makeing eps or ps files and distilling, make sure to check Distiller settings. Same goes if you "print" pdfs. That will inherit whatever Distiller settings are set.

You also havd to make sure that the transparency blend space (edit menu) is set to what you want.

Finally, if applying transparency in ID, open the Transparency window and play the mode, etc.

This is just a matter of getting used to ID.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Make a habit of working in layers and always placing the text in the topmost layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back