Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text get chopped off in half at the end of a page

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquinox

Programmer
Jul 2, 2007
AU
Hi,

wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. In the report, most of the text-boxes have been set with "can grow" properties to "yes". This way, regardless of how long the content of the relevant fields, they would show all the content. If they are too long, then they'd push down whatever come after them. It works great. However, today i found that there are some reports where the label got shown in half. The other half shown in the next page.

If i go into the form, play with the data(entering a few lines or add in more data) hoping that it would push that half-displayed label to the next page. This trick works ok.

But the problem with that is i have to check every single reports produced by the Access database to see if they turn out nicely.

The other problem that i encounter is that sometimes i get a blank page on the next page because of the nature of how the report is set up.

Here is a rought description of how the report looks like.

in the detail section
Product (as in label)
Textbox

Comment
Textbox

so when comment happens to be at the end of a page, i'll get a blank page on the next page because of the text box underneath the Comment. Is there a way of taking off the textbox if no data detected for Comment field?

Thank you in advance

Is the can grow property set for the section too?

If it is a sub report, is the subreport control's property set to true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back