Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text format problem-quick please-i have a deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baph

Programmer
Aug 24, 2000
NZ
i have copy and paste some text onto a page in DW. The text is now double spaced but every second line is closer.
example
line1
line2

line3
line4 etc

I get this, and other funny but annoying text formating problems a lot with DW. Anyway can someone advise me on how to fix this. [sig][/sig]

when anybody copies any text and then tries to paste it in dwr then dwr essentially removes the formating and then pastes it because it does not transcelate the space between the two lines and convert then in to line brakes or <br> tags

the solutions to paste each line or then paste a lot and then edit it

regards [sig]<p>Unicorn11<br><a href=mailto:abhishek@tripmedia.com>abhishek@tripmedia.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>ENJOY !!!!!!!!!![/sig]

i have had limited, but general success with pasting the text to a notepad as one long string, then pasting that to DW, and letting the cell/table etc do the wrapping for me

it is not too bad since the carriage stays in place in note pad after the paste, so you just end up ctrl-c & ctrl-v alot of times. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back