Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text flow and pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pania8

Technical User
Jan 25, 2007
CA
HI, I have a similar issue regarding text flow and pictures. I run 6.5 and I cannot copy my picture into my text box so that it is linked with the text and it flows with the text. It's a magazine with a lot of pictures that have to flow with the rest of the text. I have a friend on Quark 7 who seems to be able to copy and past an image from a picture box into the text. She then sets the leading to allow for the picture and it works.

I tried to do it on my Mac with quark 6.5 and I'm not allowed to paste a picture into a text box without the picture box. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or differently that I can't get this to work. Please help if you can - I need the pictures to flow with the text or I'm doomed!

I don't think Quark will take a picture in a text box without the picture box. So, you are not having trouble with that. I just don't think it is possible.

But, to paste the picture box in your text, you need to select the picture with the pointer tool (first one on tool palette), copy it, (or cut it to delete it right away) then switch to the content tool, place the cursor where you want the picture, and paste. If the pictures are between paragraphs, after a hard return, if you set the picture leading to auto, it will space it nicely. You can adjust it from there. If that is the case, you can make a style sheet for this.

If you are putting the picture in a paragraph, then you will skip the auto leading step. AFter you paste it in, use the pointer tool again to select it, then go down in your measurments palette and on the far left there are 2 rectangles. Try each one to see what happens. Then, depending on where you want the picture, you can apply baseline shift to it. To do this, select the picture only with the content tool (highlight it) and do a baseline shift that works best. Since I don't know where you plan to place the pictures, I can't give you a definite answer. Also, you may need to set the picture (before you paste it inline) to a certain runaround that works.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back