Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Fields do not show on chart when I copy / paste 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toga

Technical User
Jul 21, 2000
US
I have added Text Fields onto a chart (in a form) and everything populates as intended. When I copy and subsequently paste a copy of the chart into an excel spreadsheet or email, the text fields do not paste.

Is there a trick I am missing to make this happen?

I have tried grouping the text fields and formatting them to send to front to no avail.

Any help or suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciates.

The controls are not part of the chart so they will not be there when copying and pasting. If you use a PDF copy of the report it should be fine. But just trying to copy and paste is likely just an exercise in futility.

Bob Larson
FORMER Microsoft Access MVP (2008-2009, 2009-2010)
Free Tutorials/Samples/Tools:

Thanks Bob....that's certainly what I am finding. And yes, I can print the charts to a printer or to a pdf and the text fields show up fine.

If you happen to think of any possible workaround, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Nothing I have tried seems to work.

One thing I can do though is call up the drawing tool bar and paste a text field onto the chart. When I copy / paste the chart, that text shows up. Unfortunately, I can't name / reference that text box in code so it's useless for my needs.

What I ended up doing is utilizing the secondary X-axes for the fields I needed to add. It also allowed me to use Chr$(10) so I could put rows in between the text fields as well.

I can now copy the chart and paste into excel with everything I need still on the chart.

This makes it nice because I can now run charts on several different data sets (copying each chart into excel) and when I'm done, I have all the charts together in one spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back