Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Expression Length Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarav1981

Programmer
Jul 14, 2005
US
Hi All,

I have this huge text expression which when I try to read into SAS, i get an error saying that the expression exceeded the max allowable text expression length and has been truncated.

ERROR: The text expression length (65540) exceeds maximum length (65534). The text expression has been truncated to 65534 characters.

Is there any option available in SAS that can alter this text expression length so that I can read in my text expression without truncation.

Thanks,
Sarav

Not that I'm aware of. Have you thought of splitting it into multiple fields rather than trying to get it all into 1 field?
AS far as I'm aware, SAS cannot handle strings longer than that specified above. I'd recommend contacting SAS support on this one if you have a real businees need to accomplish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back