Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text editing in email links

Status
Not open for further replies.

potski

Technical User
Feb 5, 2003
GB
I would like to know how to edit the text in the body of an email for a mailto: link.

I have the following so far:
Please provide us with <A HREF=&quot;mailto:name@company.com?cc=name2@company.com&subject=Feedback&body=I would like to give feedback on the following subjects: CONTENT DESIGN FUNCTIONALITY&quot;>Feedback</A>.

but I need the titles in caps to have paragraphs inbetween when they appear in the email. What do I have to add in to achieve this?

Hopefully this will display:

mailto:name@company.com?CC=name2@company2.com&Subject=Feedback&Body=I%20would%20like%20to%20give%20feedback%20on%20the%20following%20subjects%3A%0D%0A%0D%0ACONTENT%0D%0ADESIGN%0D%0AUNCTIONALITY%20

If not, you can go here and it generates it for you:
HTH
Chris

I posted a way to sending a lot of various stuff via the mailto link at
thread215-463122
which is in this forum, titled &quot;mail a form&quot;

Cheers,

Edward &quot;Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!&quot; -- inventor of the cat door

I have just tried this but it did not seem to work, the words were just all bunched up on the same line. I am on an internal network with Outlook and IE 5. Could these have anything to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back