Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Cut off / Font too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikePork

Programmer
Aug 13, 2004
CA
Hi,

I'm using Crystal Reports for visual Studio .Net and reporting off of an ADO.Net dataset.

The trouble I'm having is that my text boxes and text fields are getting cut off when it is a multiline text box. Somehow Crystal can't tell how much space there is left on the line and is cutting off up to 3 1/2 characters from the end of a word befor a new line.

For static text Objects I can create one for each line to ensure that there's room for the text. However, I have some fields that come from the dataset that are text as well and will have to grow when another line is needed becasue of the length of the data; so these will not be able to be handled in this manner.

It seems to be able to tell how much space it has when a monospaced font is used (meaning that each letter takes up the same amount of space), but these are all too big or illegible. I'm sure others have run into this trouble, any advice or good fonts that can solve this?

Thanks

Write a test report that repeats some basic examples in every font you have available. See which looks OK - and also whcih prints OK, which can be very different.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Seems like Arial Unicode MS is the only one wrapping properly each time(other than monospaced fonts). Maybe they used it for thier testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back