Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text cut off even though the text box is large enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

breezett93

Technical User
Jun 24, 2015
US
PArt_1_intehu.png
Part_2_dpei1r.png

The first image is the report. The second image is the report's design view. In the design view, I have ensured that the text box is wide enough to fully display what is entered. Any idea why the text is cutting off?

Thanks.

Check for the padding for the box. I normally set it to zero for all four sides.

I assume you are referring to the MarkNo text box. Can you tell us what the actual value is? Is this occurring for all values or just some?

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

The actual value has two more numerical characters. It is happening every time across different items. So, I'm confident the issue is with the box, not the values being entered.

Control margins is set to none. Control padding is greyed out. This is on a subform of a report.

Next, I would copy and paste the data values into Word or some other application to determine if there are any hidden characters. Also, try create a calculated column in a query with something like:

Len(MarkNo)

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Next, I would copy and paste the data values into Word or some other application to determine if there are any hidden characters. Also, try create a calculated column in a query with something like:

Len(MarkNo)

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Okay, no hidden characters. I added the calculated column and got the correct length on another example.

Full string = ZG207621.RH
Capture_crn7fz.png

The H is fully cut off, and the R is partially cut off.

The cut off definitely happens at a set length, regardless of how long the string is. Another example with one additional character.

Capture_podnpa.png

I would try all 1s and then Al 0sto see if it’s a character or width issue. Also try different fonts. Do all of the characters display in the data sheet view of the reports record source?

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

All 1s
Capture_vafbth.png

All 0s
Capture_ykiflp.png

Yes, all the characters are present in the data sheet view.

Capture_ffgdpv.png

Can you try temporarily changing your printer driver, or select a printer with a different driver?

Good thought. I just tried a different printer, and the text is cut off at the same spot.

Do you have the same issue in both Report View and Print Preview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back