Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Controls moving on Report depending on screen size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

puforee

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have imported a form into an access report and sent it to the back. I over lay this form with text fields that will contain data computed by my DB. My problem is - the text fields move depending on the screen I use. I set this up on my main monitor but if I use just my laptop screen the text fields have moved and no longer line up on the back ground form of the report.

Is there anyway to freeze the text field to the correct location on the background form of the report?

Thanks

John

Can we assume you imported an image? The use of "form" in Access is something different.

Is the image in the Picture property of the report or is it an image control?

Are all sections set to not allow growing and shrinking?

Are the default printers the same?

Are the screen resolutions the same?

If you print to the printer are they still different?

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Duane,

See answers to the right of your questions.

Can we assume you imported an image? The use of "form" in Access is something different. Yes it is captured image of a PDF file.

Is the image in the Picture property of the report or is it an image control? Image properties = Picture Type Embedded, Picture = bitmap, Size Mode = bitmap

Are all sections set to not allow growing and shrinking? All set to NO except 1. I just changed it to No

Are the default printers the same? Not working with a printer - when I open the report on main monitor it looks good. When I open it on the laptop screen all overlay-ed text fields have moved.

Are the screen resolutions the same? Development (main monitor) 1920 X 1080 (recommended)change size of text and other items set to 100%. On the laptop screen 1920 X 1080 (recommended)change size of text and other items set to 125%

If you print to the printer are they still different? Yes

Is the Size Mode set to Clip, Stretch, or Zoom? Have you tried the other Size Modes?

Are the text sizes different?

Can you describe how the text moves? In one, does everything move to the right and down a little?

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back