Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Changed Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

dctechuser

Technical User
Sep 11, 2009
US
Hello everybody,

I am trying to put an invalid password message in red by the UserName and Password textboxes when an incorrect UserName is used or Password is used. How can the Text Changed event be used here to do this. I know I can click on the UserName and Password Textbox and go to properties under the Text Changed event and double click and post code in the event. What Vb code will do this in the text changed event?

Thanks

dctechuser

Why do you want to use the textchanged event? I don't think it's the best fit for this purpose. This event will fire for every keystroke the user types, not just when they finish typing--which is when you'd want to check password validity.
The end result being that the "incorrect username or password" message will appear as soon as they start typing their name, and probably confuse them.

Is there a reason you're avoiding use of a button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back