Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Box with embeded formula picure problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel30

Programmer
Mar 1, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have a letter report that displays text depending on certain citeria. so sometime the letter only has a few lines and other times the letter is really long. To kee things tidy I used a textbox and embeded the formula that will conditionally show text this works really well. But I have a signature at the bottom and this signature is a a picture of a signaure scanned in. I would like to embed the picure in the textbox but crystal does not seem to let me I want the signare to move up or down depending on critera any help. Cheers Rachel.

If you want the signature separate, put it in its own section. Right-click on a section to insert a section below.

Sections also have an option to be at the bottom of the page: right-click and choose Section Expert. But that seems to be the opposite of what you are after.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Hi,

Sorry I can't do that. I will put a picture of the letter below so you can see but there is a column at the side of the text so I cannot split the column.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Dear Sirs,
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA The text is here just like a letter
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA But at the side of the letter where all
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA All The A's are there is a column text
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA box going down the side.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Then the signature is here
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Then The managers name
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

From this exaple I don't think I can split the section as it would split the column text box.

Hope this makes sense Rachel

If this solution would otherwise work, you could potentially place the "AAA" column in a higher section and then format it to underlay following sections.

-LB

The column is very very long a lot longer than the letter documents so there is no way I could put the column above in the first section. of the group and split the section. Thanks anyway but I think I am asking for a mission impossible. Cheers Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back