Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text box to move with the scroll bar (up and down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2003
US
I have a text box I would like to be viewable as the user scrolls down the worksheet.

Perhaps the easiest way might be to put the information on a floating command bar, which will stay in the same position on the screen regardless of where the user scrolls.

I've never tried to get a textbox onto a commandbar, but if there isn't much information you could just write it to the label of a commandbar button and set the button to do nothing. . .

VBAjedi [swords]

Hi wfairbanks,

You could do it with a non-modal userform containing a single text box, but it would have a title bar as well.

If you really, really want a text box, I think it might be possible but it is going to be pretty complex to cover all the possibilities (and I'm not sure about trapping the scroll). You would be better trying to find an alternative; why do you want it?

Jedi,

A nice bit of lateral thinking there!

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back