Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Box Multiple Line possiblity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankark

Technical User
Apr 2, 2002
MY
Within a Text Box, trying to create Multiple entries. Multiple property set to true already but please let me know about using any coding / delimiters setting entries in a text box to be entered line after line.

Warm Regds,
Shankar K.

There is no need to delime something unless you want to force a carriage return before the end of the text box as it automatically wraps text.

If that is what you are trying to do then you need to to use a (Chr(13)) to designate a carriage return.

Hope this helps.

Billy

You can also append to your string the VB constant vbCrLF, as follows:

txtMyText.Text = "First Line" & vbCrLF & "Second Line"

Hope this is what you are looking for. Anything is possible, the problem is I only have one lifetime.
[cheers]

If you are setting the text property of a multiline textbox at design time, and need to include linefeeds, use CTRL-ENTER. If you are doing it programmatically at runtime, then foada has already given you the answer above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back