Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text box cursor position 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino2

Technical User
Jun 8, 2008
GB
Using Access 2010. I am finding when a textbox gets focus again the cursor goes to the beginning of text, and I want it to go to the end. Can someone tell me where Access now hides this setting. Thanks

In 2007 it is in the Advanced tab of the Access Options dialog.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thank you PHV

I am having one of those days today, simple things being difficult.

I am trying to output a text box as somebody types into it. Using change event into something, ie another textbox, label or variable.

That bits easy, no problem. But I am trying to output the text as words separated by commas every time the user hits the space bar. Idea being later to use split and further use words. But I keep going round in circles just trying to get a comma separated chain, always seems to refresh and just add a comma on the end. Anybody got suggestions. Thanks

always seems to refresh and just add a comma on the end
Which code in which event procedure ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks.

This works, however I don't want what I am typing into to get the comma's. I want a hidden output of whats being typed, broken with commas.

Code:
Private Sub BSUM_Change()
Me.FLL.Caption = Me.BSUM.Text
End Sub
Private Sub BSUM_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
If KeyAscii = 32 Then
Me.BSUM.Text = Me.BSUM.Text & ","
Me.BSUM.SetFocus
End If
End Sub

Suppress the KeyPress event procedure and replace the code of the Change procedure with this:
Me.FLL.Caption = Replace(Me.BSUM.Text, " ", ",")

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Well I would never ever have got that one, how it works I don't know, but it works perfectly.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back