Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text box across Header/Detail sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonKaufman

Programmer
Apr 13, 2006
US
We have a customer who wants a pack list with database items on the left side of the page and Return information on the right, as part of a text box.
Based on the picture they provided this would cross the Group Header, through the Detail section and into the Group Footer. The Header is required on the likelihood that multiple different pack lists are selected to print.

So my question is: Is it possible to have a text box item cross the Group Header/Footer and detail sections?
I know a line or a box can cross sections but I have yet to be able to do the same with a picture/text box.

Thanks for the help, however it goes!

The only way I know of to get a text box to cross section boundaries would be to put it in its own Group Header section, format the section in the Section Expert, and turn on "Underlay Following". This may or may not work the way you want it to. Is there any way that you can post the picture they gave you? That would give us a better feel for what is needed so that we can better help you.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Attached is the sample pack list.

I have marked it with the Group Header sections.

I have tried putting the text box in the 1st Group Header and the other data in Group Headers below it with the 'Underlay' ticked in GH1.
This did not work as the GH1 printed first then everything else.
I fear that if I turn this into a picture, I will the added problem of how to add data that is supposed to appear in the box.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=39f42d0c-67dd-496d-87e5-a08502be91a7&file=sample_packlist.jpg
Is the text box the only thing in that group header? If not, it should be. Which version of Crystal are you using? (please go to Help>>About and get the exact version number.)

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks for the help hilfy!!!

I have been able to successfully underlay the text box with everything else coming out in the right places...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back