Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text based applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpanic

Programmer
Jan 29, 2004
MX
We need to develop a new version of some apps to run in symbol devices, some devices are DOS based and some have winCE, now we use telnet+unix+foxpro 2.0, but we need to upgrade to some windows and SQL based app, i know i can use wavelink studio to develop the app, but, could be possible to develop some text mode app. ready to run under cmd or command with vfp?

Could you explain the issue a bit more clearly. You say you want to upgrade to "some" windows. Do you mean that some of the apps are to run under DOS and some under Windows? Or what? Is there any reason why you can't just run the existing 2.0 code in the DOS emulator in CE.

Also, what do you mean by SQL-based app? Do you mean you want to run as a client to a back-end database? If so, which one? SQL Server 2000, for example, can run as a client under CE, but other back ends probably won't. Similarly, with DOS.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

now we have some text based app wroted in foxpro 2.0 for unix, the app runs under telnet sessions, we want to create a new app with SQL for the data, but the app must still run under telnet sessions because the hardware does not support Gui bases apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back