Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text area with IE and Netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJParker

Programmer
Jul 4, 2002
GB
Hi,
I have a textarea in a form. I would like it's content, on user input, to wrap around to make data entry easier for the user.

However I found that this involves different settings for Netscape and IE, wrapping = soft or virtual.

Therefore i would like to be able to test for the browser type when the page opens and set a variable to either "soft" or "virtual" to place in the wrapping setting for the text area.

Can this be done? Or maybe there is an easier way?

Many Thanks Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst

netscape 4.7 Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst

I have "wrap=virtual" on one of my test pages and it works the same in IE, Opera and Netscape 4.

Thanks for that, i had it just set to soft before.

Yep, gotta support netscape unfortunately many of the users are on 4.7. Therefor much grief for me as i prefer IE.

what is your means of estimating users with Netscape 4.x? And what is the amount of these people that can't have Netscape 6.2 for free? Gary Haran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back