Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text area shows continuous text

Status
Not open for further replies.

redirect80

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2003
US
I created a new form. I inserted a text area for the user to enter the answers. FP2002 automatically creates a results page in _private/form_results. My problem is this. I've posted the form and the results page to the web server. In the results page, for each answer there is a continuous text string. The answer isn't presented as its typed but in one long string of text. I need the answer to show up as its typed with returns. How do I accomplish this?

As an attribute for the <textarea> tag, include this:

wrap=&quot;hard&quot;

This will allow for line breaks to be automatically inserted when the user enters and in the text string sent to the results file.

I've switched jobs and computers, so I no longer have FP at work, so I'm sorry I can't tell you how to change the wrap attribute with FP.

Funny you have this problem. Most posts regarding this want the line breaks removed! :)

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back