Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text and Graphics program

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexbur

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
Hi Everyone
I need to write a program to ship with a product I sell, it needs to do only a few specific things. I have some basic skills in VB, what I would like is if someone could advise me on whether or not what I want is practical.

Ok…here goes; this is what I need it to do. I need to be able to type on and insert images in a fixed space inside the program window on a kind of canvas (it would also be helpful if the images could be resizable and moveable), then I would need to have a button allowing me to print it on paper of the same size as the area designated in the program, “i.e. the canvas”. It would have to print fairly precise to what was on the screen. I guess it would be kind of like a very simple text-editing program that you can import photos to. It would also have to be pretty idiot proof as it would be shipped to customers who only have basic computer skills.

I need to know if it is within the capabilities of VB to do this. Any advices would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely:
Rex B.

I would check out Microsoft Rich Textbox Control (RichTx32.ocx) and see if it does what you need.

scarfhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back