Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

...text above tinted image pixelating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apepp

Technical User
Jan 9, 2006
GB
...I'm not a coreldraw user or windows user in any shape or form really, but I fumble through it when needed usually...

...I have received a file (.cdr 12 downsaved to .cdr 10), straight foward, one colour job (black), artworker positions greyscale image below text and keylines created in corel 12 and tints the image to knock it back slightly...

...print to .prn from corel 10 and distill to pdf, text that interacts with image becomes pixelated and rasterized, any ideas?

...I do have a plan B if I can't work it out in time, of course this will be a lot more work, breaking up the file and laying out in another application, quark, illustrator, indesign etc...

...many thanks in advance...

Andrew

My guess might be in whatever you are using as your Printer function to convert to .prn (i.e default printer settings). It sounds like the setting is causing the vectors to rasterize. My guess it is rasterizing at a low dpi. Out of curiosity, why can't you distill right to PDF from within Corel Draw? I seem to remember version 10 supporting that option. Moreover, consider using the pdf printer - either through Adobe Acrobat, or with a freebie out there. Then just select your virtual PDF printer, and print the job to that printer and change the settings as you need them within the print dialogues.

Are there any lenses on it? a bitmap image with say transparent lense will cause any vector objects under it to be rastersized. Put Vector objects on top if possible.
Alan D

...thanks for your replies...

attrofy, i will look into the print settings and direct export to pdf.

brushman, image is definitely below text and vector keylines, it does look like the image has been tinted in corel rather than in a bitmap program, so looks like a transparency has been used to achieve this, when output the transparency is flattened along with the vector elements above it...

...it is looking likely to be a print settings issue more than a document structure problem, i will investigate...

andrew

Colors tend to shift in Corel as the initial color manager tries to render a virtual pallete based on the printed colors. It is usually slightly off, so the colors tend to usually be darker then what is intended. With some options in the color manager this can be fixed, but this sounds like the least of your problems at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back