Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tex box that ca be edited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eltoque

Technical User
Jan 12, 2002
US
I currently have a rather extensive database that we work off of. What I want to do is to ba able to write notices and post them so they can been seen on the main form. I want the users to be able to see changes everytimr the form refreshes. I can do this with calculated numbers but have been unseccessful with text.
Any advice? Is it even possible?
My Access skills are maybe just above basic.

Why not establish a notice table, consisting of a record with a 255 characer text string and a date and time field for the date and time the notice was posted.

You could define a continuous subform based on the notice table. You don’t want to display the time field. You could associate a timer with the form and every two minutes you could read the table and stuff the results into your subform which would force the refresh.

You could write a purge query to delete records on that table after a certain period of time had elapsed.

This should get you started.
Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back