Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

testing unicenter agent's installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

veroL

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
FR
Hello,

I would like to know if (and how) it is possible to read in an agent's MIB from another machine on which Unicenter NSM is not installed (only SNMP is installed on that machine). The purpose is to test if the agent's installation is OK.
In fact: i must install Unicenter NSM system and log agents on 2 windows NT machines that are located on a subnetwork on which there is no unicenter NSM server (For security reasons, the unicenter server is located on another network that cannot for the moment communicate with mine but that will be able to do so later). Nevertheless, i must test this installation. For that, i have a laptop (on which i haven't installed unicenter NSM) that i can plug on my subnetwork. I would like to know if i can issue SNMP requests to read/write in my agent's MIB from that computer.
Any idea?

Any answer is welcome. Thank you in advance.
Have a nice day.

Check the awget, awnext, awset and awwalk Utilities.
You should be able to use these as stand alone executables - without having to have a full CA client installed on your lap top.

You can certainly use the awtrap utility in this way - so I presume that the same may apply to these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back