Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing TTRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcook

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
Is there a way to test the TTRs in the IPO like you could with the Magix?

Sure, dail a number, if you don't hear a DTMF tone then they are broken.
What is the point of testing that? I never ever had a problem with them and most likely I will never encounter them a s well.

A single out-of-service TTR can wreak havoc on a system with traditional single-line telephones. Since it's usually not an all-or-nothing proposition ("if you don't hear a DTMF tone they are broken") it's helpful to be a little scientific in troubleshooting for these issues. On the other hand, any TTR problems I've encountered in the past affected voice mail operation, but since IP Office doesn't use mode codes, it isn't as critical as it was in the past.

I hope I'm correct about what I wrote...

PMCOOK, There are no TTRs on IP office. I believe Phones on IP office just generate tones for Customer familiarity, the actual number pressed is digitally sent to IPO.

What about single line analogue sets? Surely there needs to be something to receive the digits that these sets generate, interpret for comparison to the shortcodes and extension numbers?

I can verify that the problem happens on 1408 and 9508 sets, ie not all digits pressed register. We're going to push for a replacement chassis but I wanted to try everything first.

A DTMF receiver/TTR would only be in play when using an analog station or embedded auto attend/voicemail. Digital or IP phones wouldn't use DTMF receiver. While I don't recall ever seeing anyting about receivers in IPO (nor have I ever experienced a "failure"), they must exist in some fashion.

If you have Voicemail Pro, make a test module. Make a Menu, add a Touchtone 123456789*0#, advance that to another point that says you were successful, time out back to the original to repeat if desired or give yourself the option to return and try again or disconnect . Also on your first Menu make the invalid go to a point that says it was unsuccessful, give yourself the option to return and try again or disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back