Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing TN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

biteablecookies

Technical User
May 16, 2006
CA
Is there any way to individually test suspected faulty TN's using diagnostics on the option 81

If so what is the ld used and what are the commands to initiate the test.

Thanks

One simple test is to IDU the TN (only when a phone is connected)

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

If you use the LD 30 UNTT it will disable the port. If you use the IDU as stated by John it will test the port but not disable.

I would start with LD 32 and stat the Loop Card etc.

That way you can see if the port is disabled. Part of the midnight routines on the Meridian range is to stat all the ports and disable any unused ports.

Marshall

I have had Digital phone pass the IDU test, but have problems anyway. the only real test is to put a phone on it and make calls, receive calls, transfer calls basicaly just try it.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Sure a bad phone can pass the IDU test lol

I thought he was asking about testing the TN. If the TN is bad, it probably wont pass the IDU test, it can, but most of the time won't. It is a simple easy first check in troubleshooting the TN.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Then again the Question was "Is there any way to individually test suspected faulty TN's using diagnostics on the option 81"

Which TN's, Digital, Analog or Trunks???

Not specified in the question.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Thanks guys for the responses.

The TN's in question are all analog TN's.

Unfortunately the TN's are currently not in use but over time were flagged as bad for one reason or another.

I was looking for a method to actually confirm whether the TN'S are bad or if our records are no longer accurate.

those are a pain.. program the tn then test at the frame.. instead of flagging a dn bad which takes a lic.. new oosslt.. (out of servcie), then you can print oosslt or mlt..

i went through my 81 and replaced all the bad ports.. most providers agree to replace cards with bad ports on maint contracts

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back