Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

id10t

MIS
Feb 16, 2001
US
I need to test the connection of (at this time more later on.) 2 4006 connected with ZX Gig mods. What I am trying to find out is real number of the max/average output/bandwidth of these switches. What is the best way of doing this, and as cost prohibitive as possible. Is there a program I can run on PC's on each side of the switches?

Thanks for any advice.

you can try with any program that supports snmp. For example, what's up! from ipswitch ( you can download a full working 30 days trial and it will work. You can use the snmp graphics tool and monitor the out octets from one interface making big use of the link in order to obtain a mean bandwidth consumption. You just use the formula (octect2 - octect1)*8*100/(number of seconds)*interface speed). Use the MBI variable .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16

The 5500 Lover
CCNA, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back