Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing .NET Applications using Perl

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedohave9

Programmer
Apr 19, 2012
US
Hi,

I am new to perl. We are testing our .NET Applications in perl.
Please let me know what are the best procedures to test the .net applications in perl.

I do not know how to edit the previous post.
So I am just adding new notes to it.
I was trying to invoke an .net application, but was unsuccessful to open it.
Is there any framework that we need to use in order to test a .net application.
The application is small but has a lot of impact on the finance.
The application is a 7 step process to which we have to import some files to it.
The application processes the files and results an output. We need to compute the output to make sure the data in the files and the output of the application is one and the same. Please help.

Why test a .NET app in perl environment? Your .NET framework should be more than capable to test ur .NET apps

Our application has a test driven framework, which is also called as TDD. Developers test and develop, which in turn can be used the same framework for unit testing. But for our QA, we need to test the application from the functional point of view. We do not have any other tool in our system like QTP OR TOSCA. So we choose Perl as the freeware as a no to low cost estimated method. Please let me know if you need more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back