Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing Digital and Analog cards in CS1000 in lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTPhoneguy

Technical User
Nov 25, 2005
CA
Hi folks,

How would I go about testing a bunch of spare Digital and Analog cards on my CS1000 before I try to redeploy them.

I will be testing one card at a time in a spare slot.

Is it as simple as plug in the line card and thats it?

For the extension cards, I'd leave them to warm up for a few hours and then test the analogue ports for dial tone. Perhaps make a quick test call to another set.

Do the same for the digital ports if posible. Also IDU each port to see if a phone is present as well as a IDC for the card slot.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Pretty much... ENLC the card in LD 20 after you plug it in and get a happy XMI002 message on the maintenance terminal. When you're done, DISC it, pull it out, you'll get a not so happy XMI001 message (that's fine - just let your NOC know if they do SNMP monitoring) and repeat cycle.

Don't mix analog cards in a slot with digital programming and vice versa - unless you completely OUT all of the TN's in that slot first before changing to a different type of card. So do all your analog card tests first... OUT everything, insert digital card, program up the TN's on that, etc...

If you can get your hands on working Option 11c cabinet with a good SSC and enough licenses to get the job done - even better... not always the best idea to use a live production PBX as a test bed.

Just to add to the above I would also go to LD 30 and do a Loop Command that will test card and any attached phones.

To get the Analog card working (since using spare slot) I had to go into LD 10 to do a NEW type CARDSLT to get the card setup. The light was red on the card and after about 30 seconds the light went out.

To test the card, I try going into LD 30 and do UNTT 0 0 5 for the card but I get an NWS961 error which is "NWS0961 This command is not valid for IPMG loops". Any ideas on how I can test this analog card?

It is in an Option 11 shelf that is attached to a CS1000.

You can't Unit Test (UNTT) analog ports, only digital ports.

To test it, you need to program every port, and make and receive a call on each port. That is the only valid test, since that is what they will be doing when deployed. You can do all kinds of overlay tests, but if you can't call in and out, it's broke :)

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back