Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing CFMail on a Development Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumposters

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
US
Can anyone give me some words of advice when it comes to this? Has anyone tried MailEnable? Or, have you found something else to work well for you? I'd prefer something low cost or free.
I need to test some CFMail routines and to do that on my development machine I need a pop / smtp mail server, right? Or maybe I don't? I'm a little confused here.

Hi

Waht are you running in terms of web server? If you are running IIS then you have the SMTP server built in, it might just need to be enabled.

Hope this helps!

Tony

If you're on the same network, you should be able to connect to the same mail server your live CF Server would use.

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

We use Spoolmail by Ray Camden.

If you are in development and you only need to test if emails are going out, then give this a try.

Basically, you can use CFMAIL but because you really don't have a mail server to connect CF will keep emails in the spool.
SpoolMail allows you to see the contents of the Spool, given you have access to the CF Administrator of course.

Being Dev I would think you do.

grtfercho çB^]\..
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" A. Einstein
-----------------------------------------------

If that's the case, don't install anything and just look in CF's Undeliverable folder.

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back