Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing a new off premises line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlemite

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2010
SE
Hello All,

Our provider is no longer supporting OPX connections and has given us what they call a direct copper connection. We've recently moved from a Norstar to an Avaya IP Office. I need to know how I can test the connection to see if it's going to function as it should between the two (with the Avaya IP Office and our CS1000). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

All I can suggest is to put dial tone on the line and see if you can get it at the far end. Just like you would an OPX line, if that don't work maybe some Long Haul modems. How far is it between systems?

OPX circuits are just a dry pair provided by the telco from point A to point B. Put dialtone on the PBX end, and your buttset on the far end. If it works (assuming you've punched everything down correctly and the put is turned up and providing dial tone on the PBX end) - great. If not - put in a service ticket with telco.

Dial tone worked just fine guys. Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back