Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing a CMS with WAMP Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas000

Programmer
Nov 12, 2006
US
Using WAMP5 1.6.6
CMS being tested: Free Content Management found at
Hey,

So im completely new to php and WAMP but i have deliverables soon and ive gotten through alot in a short while. I unzipped this CMS and set it up, tested my webserver with a Hello World echo, and was good to go.
I logged into the first page of the CMS (logon.php) and as soon as I logged in I faced trouble. Thumbnails wouldnt show and i would get links instead. Everytime I click those link i get a 403 Forbidden Error. See error here and webpage (
My guess is I havent set permissions or something for the directory. I read alot on the web that the server need to have access and watnot to the files. The setup said: "Permissions: Set Read/Write/Delete/Modify permissions on the HTMLFiles and Images folder." I thought this is done by right clicking, properties, and clicking on secuirty tab. But i guess there is a way using httpd.conf which i read is responsible for directory permissions.

Any help?

Thanks

You don't need to worry about directory and file permissions on a Windows system. These permissions are for *nix platforms only. I can't really help much on your 403 problem except I ain't too hip on the url. It looks kinda funky with the quotes in there.

its funny.. someone else said the same thing about the quotes. Im an ASP.NET coder, but i just got started with PHP and i was hoping to get a PHP CMS setup (more options that ASP.NET).

Here's the code from the CMS: (its very small if you want to check it at the link i gave in the first post. Menulist.php)

$strTable="";
if ($_SESSION['Admin'] == "Y")
{
$strTable.="<TR ><TD ><A target=\"Pages\" HREF=\"Admin/Menus/List.php\">Menu List</A></TD></TR>";
$strTable.="<TR ><TD ><A target=\"Pages\" HREF=\"Admin/Users/List.php\">User List</A></TD></TR>";
$strTable.="<TR ><TD ><A target=\"Pages\" HREF=\"UploadFilesHtml.php\">Upload HTML Files</A></TD></TR>";
$strTable.="<TR ><TD ><A target=\"Pages\" HREF=\"UploadFilesImage.php\">Upload Image Files</A></TD></TR>";

$strTable.= "<TR ><TD ><A target=\"Pages\" HREF=\"Editor/ListFiles.php\">List Files</A></TD></TR>";
$strTable.= "<TR ><TD ><A target=\"Pages\" HREF=\"Editor/ListImages.php\">List Images</A></TD></TR>";
$strTable.= "<TR ><TD ><A target=\"\" HREF=\"Logout.php\">Logout</A></TD>";
$strTable.= "<TR ><TD ><br><A href=' target='_blank'><small>Free Content Management</small></A></TD></TR>";
}

------------
I was also told that permission are a "dont-touch" on windows. And that everything should be automatically fine. I also set the whole "www" folder to user 'Everyone' has all access... so i guess its not a permissions then??? The thing is i tried 3 PHP cms's (free all) and had problems... maybe all 3 were bad...ill test more and get back here i guess...

--mas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back