Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Test Unicenter Agent V3.1 communication with Unicenter Manger on V3.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2hemant

Technical User
Nov 24, 2009
US
Hi Experts,

I'm new to Unicenter.

For a project we are required to schedule jobs using Unicenter. Our existing infrastructure has Unicenter Manager (V3.0) running on a Windows server and multiple unicenter agents (V3.0) running on Unix boxes (solaris-8).
For this project, we would be using a new unix box (running on solaris-10) which we want to be a new agent. As V3.0 of Unicenter agent did not install completly (with CA-ENF components not working due to kernel version incompatibility with solaris-10) we have now installed v3.1 on the new machine. We want jobs on this agent to be controlled by same old Unicenter manger.

For this, want to know:
1) Can Unicenter agent V3.1 be controlled by Unicenter manager running on v3.0
2) Is there any config setting on Unicenter Manager machine I need to do to setup new agent so that communication starts. (I added a new station mapping to new agent on Unicenter manager. Then created a simple test job in unicenter that invokes a shell script on new agent. On job submission it hangs with WRSRC state: new agent showing as unreachable)
3) What test can I run to ensure all config changes have been correctly done. (both on agent and manager machine)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back