Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

test suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyMordkoff

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2002
US
We're doing a win32 network-related device driver. I need to compile a list of products to do interop test because we are not doing everything "by the book." Some product types I'm looking at are VPN clients, firewalls and virus scanners.

Would you suggest any other product types?

Which VPN clients would you focus on? Is there a place to get copies just for testing? More importantly, are their VPN servers available that I can establish tunnels to in order to verify that we have not interfered with their operation? If not, can you tell me what models of VPN routers will support which clients?

Thanks
JLM

dear GOD man, you would have to pay an intern for a day or more to get you this info. no offense but this may not be the right place for this question. I am sure someone may know it, but the odds that they will share it are slim. This is a job for a dedicated person, and one that knows more than the average MIS person too. One bit of advice is to go to the vendors like cisco, raptor, checkpoint, nortel, etc. and ask them for the demos, which you will not get, but they can answer the rest of your questions at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back