Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Test spare primary CPDC card

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
We have a spare CPDC card that we just loaded from a backup of our existing cpdc card. This is a backup from our primary UCM server, and we also have one cpdc card that is a member server. We want to just test the new card out, but I am not sure of the exact procedures,there is not much documentation on this.
This spare card is on rls 7.65 SP8. I am able to login to the new card and deploy in local mode so that all looks ok. The hostname and IP's are all the same as the existing working card since this is from a backup.
What do I need to do in order to remove the existing primary cpdc card and put this new card in to test? I know I will have to do a database and IP node retrieval, but what about undeploying, unregistering..etc, do I need to do that since hostname and IP's are the same? Thanks

I would think that all you need to do is:

1. If you have a follower sig server in the same node, transfer all services to that server. In the one you want to replace, from Linux type "disServices" (without the "". This will transfer all services over to the follower. If SIP trunks or VOIP phones are busy, they will transfer when they disconnect.

2. Once all services have been removed from the server you are going to replace, power it off and bring up the new CPDC server. It should register with the Call Server, but the problem is all the services will be turned on and any load balancing that was there previously will start again.

3. Go into Element Manager in Node configuration and over to the left where is says "Synchronized", click on "synchronized" and resync and restart applications.

Do this in a maintenance window as there could be some service impact. You will most likely have to re-register with your security domain as there is no security key on the server yet. You can do this after you bring on line, before the synchronization.

The questions I have is, why did you re-create an existing? Why didn't you just add it to the Node as a new follower? Just my two-cents. I don't know what you have going on over there.

Hope this helps.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Hi thank you for the reply, it looks very helpful. The customer just wants to have this card sitting on the shelf in case the existing card fries one day. They recently had a power outage and thought the cpdc might have been compromised, which it wasn't.

One qestion, when you say power off the server to replace the cpdc card, are you saying to just power down the module where the cpdc card is going?
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back