Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Test of remote channels 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill1978

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
GB
Hi...

Can anyone tell me how I can test the channels that have been set up between my workstation install and a remote install. I've set up the equal and opposite ... I just need to test ... but I have no idea how to ...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Julie

Just issue a start for them. If they come into 'running' status then they are fine, anything other than 'running' and you will need to do some research depending on any error messages.

Hi ...

I've issued the a start for all channels (senders and receivers) however, the receiver channles remain "inactive" ... i've tried reseting them and stopping then starting them ... still "inactive" ... even though I get the following message "The request to start the Channel was accepted. (AMQ4008)".

Any ideas?

Thanks
Julie

That would depend on the platforms involved. If it is windows and you are version 5.3 then you need to open up a MQ Serives window and it will be in there.

What versions of MQ and what platforms are involved?

I'm running version 5.3 and the platform is NT ...

Then you should be able to see the listener in the MQ Services for the queue manager.

It may help if you can post the channel definitions from both ends too.

Hi Kevin,

It was the listner that i was missing. The setup seems fine now ... lets see if i can send receive messages now ...

Thanks for the help

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back