Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Test Mode in EDI (Gentran)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwotter

Technical User
May 21, 2003
US
Can anyone tell me how to take an edi sent in "Test Mode" and change it so that it registers as a "Production Mode" transmittal? Please help!

Hi,

1) Change your ISA sender/receiver if their different between test and production.

I'm not sure what Gentran product you have or if they are all the same, but here where we set it for Gentran 5.21 for Unix:

2) In TP maintenance, open TP transation set (ex 850), goto outbound tab, click on ISA EDIT button. Set ISA15 test/production indicator to either 'T' OR 'P'.

3) Translate your document and check ISA header on output.

That's it.

LEE

If it's a one time occurence you can always open the EDI source file with a text editor and change the T to a P in the ISA envelope and then re-process the interchange.

If it is supposed to be a Production transmission, call your partner and have them change it in their system and retransmit so you don't run into this problem again.

If they refuse, then make the change in your inbound partner relationship to accept Test transmissions to map to production files. I had to do this for one of our customers for years.

I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you, but thank you very much! That solved the problem nicely, and now that the test run was received they can switch over to production. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back