Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

termstring used in Integrated Crystal Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrousey

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2006
US
Does anyone know what the termstring function does? I'm finding it in one of my Integrated Crystal Reports (stock status report). I can't find anything on Exact's website nor on the internet in general.

Here's the formula that I am seeing: termstring(79720, "product category").

Thanks!

Laura Rousey

I beleive exact was looking to make the reports support multile languages. Termstring is a function written and used by Exact (ULF /dll). When you launch the report the function queries the Terms table in your database for Term.Id 79720 for your language (say AE American English). Same report run against a company with a default language or dutch would return "product categorie".

For the most part I don't think this function is fully utilized. I don't think all of the terms codes are loaded in the database, and many reports refernce termsstring(0). In your case termstring(79720) would return nothing (on my system at least), but a default has been entered as "product category" which will overide an empty string.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info! It was very helpful!

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back