Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminating Centrex Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstarboston

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
Our contract is up for our Centrex package. At this point I would rather not sign another contract for this service. I have been picking my brain trying to think of how this will effect our Norstar system. Does Centrex give you any service that will be missed when the service is cancelled Are regular pots lines the same?

what are you using now??? what centrex features???

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

You would lose the external transfer feature Link. You could get around it by doing a 3 way conference but this would tie up two lines.

you my have programmed a destination code to pre-dial the access code (9) for you and if you did you would want to change that programming.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I was worried about that link feature the most. Thanks for the replies!

You can get the link/transfer feature on a 1Mb line. just talk to your LEC

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back