Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminated employees - Best Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
Can someone share their best practice for removing employee info, extensions, vm boxes, Agent/emp info in YSE, etc?
What all the steps are, can any of it be automated, etc.

We find that when termed in Active Directory, they end up in Bulk Provisioning status D, we delete and it does remove the phone data in MiVB, but never synchs to YSE, MiR, etc.

Thanks in advance. We're still new here and we appreciate the responses we get on the other items we've posted. Hoping to soon give back to the group when we understand these systems better!

Thanks
Al

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

YSE should synch overnight (midnight or 2am, I forget what the default setting for nightly maintenance is on MiCC), assuming it’s set for read or read/write with the telephone system. I’m not sure if MIR is capable of integrating with either AD or the MiVB, you may have to manage the users there separately.

Even when we synch manually, it doesn't remove the Employees/Agents and Agent Group assignment for the agents we deleted in MiVB. Is a nighttime synch different than the manual process? (Enterprise/Run)

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

No the nightly sync is the same as a manual, depending on the options selected. Does the sync at least check the box for “Disable real-time data” for the removed employee/agent id?

Where do we check for "Disable real-time Data" I also don't see anything about removed employees/agents.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

YSE_Deleted_Agent_v48gfp.png

Ok, so picked a termed employee with D status in Bulk Provisioning. (Agent in YSE Disable RTD was unchecked)
Tried to save
Got error had to clear keys
Couldn't clear keys, reference to Call Reroute 1st alternative.
Cleared that.
Cleared keys.
Saved D record for employee.
Agent, Employee and Agent Group assignments all still exist in YSE, however. that field is now checked.

Not sure what it gets us. We'd like to see it all removed then we can reuse the Agent ID.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

you can reuse the extension - create new agent with same extension , sync to yse
adjust employee id to match extension and link to existing agent
- may have to manually adjust agent name in yse if it doesnt update
once you change the name all previous agents calls made by that extension will be associated with the new name

what to do is never an easy decision

you either
- leave the old Agent ID dormant and still showing the old agent name in reports
- remove it completely and then it will disappear from any reporting
- re-associate it with a new employee

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back