Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminals not deleting exiting file 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

posknowitall

Technical User
Dec 2, 2005
US
Good morning,
Aloha 5.31. When I refresh the system the exiting file is reamaining on the terminals. Once I delete the file, terms refresh just fine. Is there something in the ibercfg that needs to be added? I am running WinXP on terminals. Thanks...

Usually because of a user access issue, but could be a networking problem as well.

What should I look like in the user access to help identify the problem?

Maker sure the server (or user which CTLSVR is running under) can delete files from the terminals.

Yes... you can add a line to delete exiting files on the ibercfg.bat.

Brad C.

It almost sounds like you have one stuck in the TMP file on the file server, if you are getting exiting files every single time you refresh, or an EOD runs.
When things get strange what I always do is, clean out all the TMP folders on all terminals, and file server, then go in and delete all the downtime.ini on all the terminals and refresh, it will re-sync everything up.
Then you will get fresh debouts for terminals, EOD, EDC etc. Are you getting any mirror logs? That will tell you if you have an inconsistency on the database as well.
Let me know what you come up with.

Brad C.

The exiting file will just sit in the terminals TMP folder until I delete it. Once I delete it--it finishes the refresh.

Is this on a live site, or a lab? Turn everything off, delete the contents of the TMP on the file server and term #1 (the master). If upon the refresh you get the exiting flag again. Unregister and register Ctlsvr. Make sure that services are logging in with the same user name and password, and on EDC, then additionally you will be able to come in and out of spooling automatically.
If this still does not work, delete all of the Aloha off the terminal and run a terminst from a cd thru mapping the cd drive. Make sure that simple file sharing is turned on in folder options, and let me know what happens.

Brad C.

POSKnowItAll:
Brad's advice is dead on. If that doesn't work, or you don't have time to reinstall, try his ibercfg.bat approach. Just add this line in at the end.

ECHO Y | DEL %LOCALDIR%\TMP\EXITING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back